WHAT IS IELTS
The International English Language Testing System is an international standardized test of English Language proficiency for non-native English language speakers.
IELTS helps people achieve their migration goals. It is the most widely used and respected measure of English skill in Australia for study, work and migration. Most academic institutions accept IELTS. We advice you to check with Recognising Organisations about entry requirements.
Based on the different modules of IELTS – Academic and General Training, Reading and Writing component varies respectively. Academic version is for test takers who want to study at tertiary level in an English-Speaking country or seek professional registration. The General Training version is for test takers who want to work, train, study at a secondary school or migrate to an English Speaking country. Regardless of the difference in Reading and Writing, all other features such as timing allocation, length of written responses and reporting of scores, are the same.
Australian Institute of Language offers computer-delivered IELTS test that enables Test Report Form (TRF) released to test taker in 5 working days after the test. Test takers can also receive their TRF quicker by collecting at our centre in person.
CD IELTS TEST AT AIL
1. AIL computer-delivered IELTS test (CD IELTS), with faster results and more test availability.
2. There will be more flexible test dates and more sessions available, allowing test takers to select the most convenient test time for themselves.
3. The test content and structure will remain the same; the test taker has a choice now to do reading, listening and writing on the computer. The most important part is face-to-face style speaking exam remains same with a friendly IELTS examiner in AIL.
4. Compared to the paper-based test, which generally takes two weeks until the results being posted, the computer-delivered IELTS test allows test-takers to receive their results within five working days.
IELTS Test Procedure - Before Test
1. It is easy to book an IELTS test session online and sit your test at AIL.
2. All you need to book your IELTS test online is a clear, valid passport.
3. Select your test date and session, which suits you the best, also choose the proper test module (Academic or General Training) regarding to your need.
4. You can request five additional copies of TRF to be sent to registered recognising organisations during the booking.
- You are required to bring the same ID on your test day. You must make sure that your ID is not expired on the test day.
- In exceptional circumstances, and where a test taker does not have a passport or national identity card, please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for approval.
Preparation for your IELTS Test
51IELTS, under the parent company Eastlink Consulting Pty. Ltd. provides a range of IELTS preparation courses and services. 51IELTS enables students to understand the requirements of IELTS, improve their English language skills, and ultimately meet standards of English language proficiency for admission purposes required by educational institutions/professional/government organizations, and migration purposes.
Test Familiarisation Service: We provide mock tests to help you get familiar with the computer-delivered IELTS test. Please click here for more information
Preparation/training products: IELTS Essential preparation courses; IELTS Advanced preparation courses; IELTS 1 on 1 preparation courses; IELTS Grammar Comprehensive courses; IELTS Computer-Delivered mock test
Duration: up to 10 weeks
Contact: email@example.com for more courses information
IELTS Test Procedure - On Test Day
1. Arriving & Resigister
It is recommended that test takers would arrive at AIL IELTS test centre 30 minutes before their test session. Passport and water in a transparent bottle are the only items allowed to be bringing into the test room. Lockers are provided to test takers for storage purpose. Water, tea, coffee and snacks are provided before registration.
2. Entering Secure Waiting Room
After being registered successfully, test takers will take a sit in our warming relaxing secured waiting area, lying on bean bags, sitting on sofa and chairs. Invigilators will conduct pre-test instruction there. Please use the bathroom before registration.
3. Taking IELTS Test
During the test, stay relaxed and do not panic, raise your hand if you need any help or enquire from invigilators. No bathroom break is allowed during the listening section. At Australian Institute of Language, Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking components are taken in same day.
4. Test Format
Listening – 30mins
Reading – 60mins
Writing – 60mins
Speaking – 15mins
Morning Session starts at 09.30 am
Afternoon Session starts at 14.00 pm
Evening Session starts at 18:00 pm
Speaking interviews session can be scheduled in the same day.
IELTS Test Procedure - After Test
Getting results within 5 working days
Results would be released within 5 working days after the test. You will be notified by email once your results have been released. You may choose to collect their results at Australian Institute of Language IELTS test centre in person. Alternatively, results are normally posted within Australia free of charge. If you need us to send your results to an international address, you can bring a prepaid international envelope to your test with your name and address on it. We will use this envelope to post your results as soon as they are released.
Unfortunately, we are unable to release your results over the phone or via email.
Test Report Form validation
Test Report Form (TRF) is generally valid for two years, test taker may apply for additional TRF to receive a new one if their TRF is lost or damaged. $10 will be charged to replace lost or damaged TRF. Please contact us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not happy with results? Remake or Retake
Remark process: if a test taker is not satisfied with their result, they do have a chance to have their results re-marked, and the enquiry of results has to be submitted within six weeks of sitting the test upon application.
Cost: $176, fully refund if band scores increase after review.
Time consumed: 2 to 21 days
Please contact us email@example.com for more details.
For better results, self-study on IELTS or taking preparation course is highly recommended. There is no limit on number of times for test takers to undertake IELTS test. Do not hesitate if your first IELTS results are not satisfied, spending more time on preparing and take more tests, your goal will be reached ultimately.
IELTS Test Fee
The fee for IELTS test is $340AUD. Your spot will be locked as soon as we receive your payment.
We accept following Payment Methods:
- Online credit card payment
- Online bank transfer
Cancellation and Transfer policy
- You may cancel your test with a minimum 5 days notice prior to your test date. A 25% administrative fee applies from your original test fee.
- Test Date Transfer requests are accepted only upto 5 days prior to the test day.
- Test CANNOT be transferred to another person.
- You can update your module (GT/AC) for the same test session. Once a session booking is closed, no changes can be made.
Please contact test centre on 03 8618 8999 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to cancel or transfer your test.
We cannot refund the test fee if test taker is absent on the test day
If a test taker falls ill during their test, they must lodge an application for refund or transfer no later than five working days after the test date. Test takers must complete a Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form and attach the appropriate documentation/evidence, such as:
- Medical certificate
- Death certificate
- Police report
Statutory declarations or certificates signed by family members are not acceptable.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
AIL IELTS Test Centre Features
Australian Institute of Language IELTS test centre has very friendly staff and examiners. We are aiming to provide test takers with warming testing experience and the best customer services - choosing Australian Institute of Language IELTS test centre, you deserve a better IELTS testing time.
At Australian Institute of Language IELTS Test Centre, your IELTS testing experience is our first priority. Our test rooms are equiped with noise cancellation headphones, triple glazing windows, and other acoustic facilities.
Fresh yourself up by grabbing a free coffee or tea before the test start. Boost your energy and focus more on the coming test by having some free snacks. Don’t worry about what to eat for lunch, which would distract you from test - we offer free lunch vouchers!
A free gift bag will be provided if you choose to collect your results in person - inside, the bag, you will find a water bottle, a key fob, beer bottle opener if you want to cheer up after receiving your aimed results, fridge sticker and also our high-quality shopping bag, becoming one of the brightest stars when you go shopping.