Coronavirus (COVID-19) update – 13 March 2020
Australian Institute of Language (AIL) Statement
AIL continues to follow the advice provided by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Australian Government Department of Health in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19). Our top one priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff and students.
Due to the precautionary measures to minimise potential COVID-19 transmission, we have temporarily altered our operation delivery mode, staring from Monday 16 March that our campus is closed to onsite attendance for out training programs, but training and assessment continues through remote study option.
Please also note that our IELTS test centre will continue operating with reduced testing capacity in accordance with social distancing.
In line with previous Australian Government advice, AIL is continuing to ask the following of all staff, and IELTS test takers:
- If you have travelled overseas, you should self-isolate and not attend campus for 14 days after arrival.
- If you have been in close contact with anyone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19, you should self-quarantine and not attend campus for 14 days from the date of last contact with them.
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 or are in close contact with any confirmed cases, you are requested to report this to us by phone or email IMMEDIATELY. This will help ensure we can communicate with other staff, or test takers and follow government advice.
We continue to take advice from relevant authorities, including the Australian Government Department of Health, Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Department of Home Affairs, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Smart Traveller and the World Health Organisation and we recommend the AIL community follow these sources to remain informed.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) has also set up a dedicated hotline for those who suspect they may have COVID-19: 1800 675 398
We are proud of the diverse range of staff and students who choose to work and study at AIL every day. Led by our values of inclusion and respect, we ask our entire community to look out for one another during this time.
We will continue to communicate with students and staff when new information becomes available.
If you have any further concerns, enquiries or question, please contact us for support.
For training programs related issues, please contact:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 03 9670 8868 (+61 3 9670 8868 if overseas)
For IELTS testing related issues, please contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 03 8618 8999 (+61 3 8618 8999 if overseas)
- Address: Level 6, 388 Bourke St, Melbourne, VIC3000
Australian Institute of Language