COVID-19 update – 12 Sep. 2022
Australian Institute of Language (AIL) Statement
PLEASE NOTE: IELTS testing will continue in a safe and healthy manner at AIL. For any enquiry, please send us an email or give us a call. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding during these challenging times.
As part of our ongoing effort to ensure the health & safety of our students, test takers and staff, the following measures have been put in place:
Please do not attend our campus, including both CBD and Box Hill IELTS Test centres if you are required to be in quarantine or isolation as requested by a government or health authority , i.e. COVID-19 positive. Please contact us immediately for further advice and arrangements if your scheduled IELTS test is affected by this.
For IELTS test takers – If you tested positive for COIVD-19, and your (re)scheduled test day is on Day 6 or Day 7 (within 2 days after you have left the 5-day COVID-19 isolation period) after your COVID-19 diagnosis, you must provide us with a negative RAT result the day before your test day. If you still test positive for COVID-19 in this case, you will not be allowed to enter the test centre. Your test will be rescheduled.
If you are a close contact of a COVID-19 positive case, or if you are having any flu-like symptoms, please contact us immediately for further advice and arrangements.
On test day:
- You are encouraged to wear a face mask throughout the test.
- We are required to wear a face mask at all times if you are a social contact of a COVID-19 positive case. (Your face mask must cover your nose, mouth, and chin at all times in this case.)
- Please follow basic hygiene practices such as using hand-sanitiser provided on test day
- Please be aware that there are currently no density restrictions imposed; however, you should maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- Our top priority is your health and safety. More information on protecting yourself from Covid-19 is available here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
AIL has been and will continue to follow the advice provided by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Australian Government Department of Health in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our Melbourne CBD campus will remain closed to onsite attendance for all our training programs in due course, but training and assessment continue through the remote study option.
We continue to take advice from relevant authorities, including the Australian Government Department of Health, Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), Department of Home Affairs, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Smart Traveller and the World Health Organisation, and we recommend the AIL community follow these sources to remain informed.
We are proud of the diverse range of staff and students who choose to work, study, and take the IELTS test at AIL every day. Led by our values of inclusion and respect, we ask our entire community to look out for one another during this time.
We will continue to communicate with students and staff when new information becomes available.
If you have any further concerns, inquiries, or questions, please contact us for support.
For training program-related issues, please contact:
- Phone: 03 9670 8868 (+61 3 9670 8868 if overseas)
For IELTS testing-related issues, please contact:
- Email – CBD test venue: email@example.com
- Email – BoxHill test venue: firstname.lastname@example.org
Australian Institute of Language
12 Sep. 2022